MSI B350 GAMING PRO CARBON Overview
The MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon AM4 ATX Motherboard comes with an AMD B350 chipset and an AM4 socket to support AMD RYZEN A-series (7th-gen.) or Athlon (7th-gen.) system builds. The MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon lets you install up to 64GB of memory modules that operate at up to 3200 MHz frequencies. For long-term storage capabilities, it is armed with four SATA connectors for adding rewritable optical and storage drives. There’s also an M.2 slot that is compatible with PCIe- and SATA-based M.2 SSDs. Moreover, MSI has outfitted this motherboard with onboard RGB LED strips on the I/O cover and other areas to illuminate the insides of your computer case.
This gaming motherboard has one PCIe 3.0 x16 and one PCIe 2.0 x16 slot to support dual graphics cards linked with 2-Way AMD CrossFire technology. For causal system builds, it is compatible with APUs that deliver detailed visuals through the HDMI and DVI-D outputs. To complete the multimedia experience, a Realtek ALC1220 audio processor provides 7.1-channel sound utilizing the motherboard’s single optical S/PDIF OUT port and five audio jacks.
For USB connectivity, the MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon offers two USB 2.0 and four USB 3.0 ports as well as two USB 3.1 ports with 10 Gb/s speeds. One of the two USB 3.1 ports features a USB Type-C interface, which lets you connect on the first try with a USB-C cable. Aside from USB connections, a PS/2 combo port and a Gigabit Ethernet port are available.
- AM4 Socket
- AM4 chipsets provide dedicated PCIe lanes for USB, graphics, data, and other I/O.
- Personalize Your Gaming Rig
- Customize and set up your own color scheme with RGB Mystic Light Sync. The motherboard comes equipped with a Mystic Light RGB I/O cover that you can assign five LED effects and seven colors. You can select any of the colors from the palette using the MSI Gaming app for smartphones and desktops to match your personal style. A Mystic Light extension header is on board for controlling optional RGB strips, fans, and other gear, without needing a separate RGB controller. To help your RGB gear reach the various locations of your case, a 31.5″ (80 cm) extender cable is provided. Additionally, Mystic Light Sync can also work with select LED-enabled keyboards and mice.
- MSI fan headers automatically detect fans running in DC or PWM mode for optimal tuning of fan speeds and silence. Hysteresis technology is on board to make your fans spin up fluently to help ensure your system stays silent. Total Fan Control software is offered so you can take control of your fans and check the system’s characteristics in a simplified graphical interface. You can also set up to 4 temperature targets for the CPU and motherboard, which will adjust the fan’s speeds automatically. Additionally, the motherboard comes with a water-pump PIN header that supports up to 2A, offering you full control of the water pump’s speed.
- With Audio Boost 4 components and Nahimic 2 technology, this motherboard offers studio grade sound by offering separated audio layers, golden audio jacks, and Chemi-Con audio capacitors as well as an isolated audio design, De-Pop protection, and EMI-shielded HD audio processor with built-in DAC. In addition, it comes with a dedicated headphone amplifier for supporting 600Ω impedance headphones.
- Software Included
- Gaming Hotkey assigns functions to any key to launch your favorite games, load profiles, or overclock the CPU with the push of a single button
- Mouse Master software and dedicated PS/2 port to enhance mouse controls
- MSI Game Boost enables one-second overclocking for the CPU and memory
- MSI Dragon Eye allows you to watch a YouTube video or Twitch Stream while playing a game
- Gaming app produces an on-screen overlay on top of your game to help you keep track of CPU speeds, FPS, and temperatures
- WTFAST provides an optimized private network for gaming
- XSplit lets you easily record your gaming moments and broadcast your live gameplay sessions to online streaming services
- X-Boost optimizes SSDs to keep the system fast and maximize storage
- One Click to VR sets all your key components to their highest performance and makes sure other software applications won’t impact the virtual-reality experience
- MSI GAMING LAN Manager automatically classifies and prioritizes latency-sensitive applications for online games
- DDR4 Boost enhances memory speeds
- X-Boost can provide up to 20% increase in USB speeds
- MSI Command Center allows you to tune settings to increase system stability, maximize performance, and optimize cooling
- MSI Live Update automatically downloads and installs the latest drivers, BIOS, and software
- RAMDisk creates a virtual drive from RAM
- CPU-Z gathers key information of the CPU speed, memory speed and timings, motherboard BIOS version, and more
- CLICK BIOS 5 offers sharp scalable fonts and EZ and Advanced modes as well as search and favorites features to help you configure the system’s components
- Secure Erase+ uses an optimized formatting algorithm, so SSDs can operate at maximum speeds
- Additional Features
- M.2 shield helps cool your M.2 SSD
- M.2 slots deliver speeds of up to 32 Gb/s using PCIe 3.0 x4 lanes
- M.2 connection supports NVMe solutions
- VR Boost is a smart chip that ensures a clean and strong signal to a VR optimized USB port
- Intel LAN is optimized for reducing CPU overhead and offering high TCP and UDP throughputs
- LAN Protect shields the motherboard from power surges
- Fully-isolated memory circuitry and optimized traces help ensure stability and performance
- Steel Armor protects your memory and memory slots from both physical damage and electrical overcurrent by adding extra ground points
- Load-Line Calibration helps the CPU’s voltage remain stable under different loads
- Onboard LEDs for key components indicate the source of the problem, so you’ll know what to fix
- Overvoltage protection prevents potential short-circuit damage to the CPU and other critical components
- Two USB 3.1 ports deliver speeds of up to 10 Gb/s
- USB Type-C interface offers effortless connections to USB-C cables
- Protective ICs prevent damage caused by Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) from plugging/unplugging USB devices
- MSI Super Charger USB ports deliver more power than standard ports to charge mobile devices quickly
- PCI Express Steel Armor slots are armed with more solder points to prevent electromagnetic interference and damage from heavy graphics cards
- Double ESD protection and double layer grounding around the motherboard mounting holes to protect the motherboard from Electrostatic discharge (ESD) surges